My life has been quite a journey and I have learned so many lessons throughout the years. I think Dolly Parton said it best , “I don’t give advice, just information.” While I don’t know what will work in your life this coming year, I’d like to share what has worked for me.
1. To walk with God – to know Him and surrender myself to His purpose for my life. To have a relationship with Him as Father,
Mentor, Guide, Teacher and Friend is the only way I can live with any peace in this world.
2. To pray unceasingly throughout the day.
3. To search God’s Scriptures for guidance in my everyday life.
4. To expect Him to show up in my life.
5. To realize it’s a mean world and that it is only going to get meaner. Tough times are coming for me and the closer I get to God and the more I try to do His work, the bigger the bulls eye gets on my back for Satan’s unceasing attacks.
6. To believe in God’s promise of never leaving me, of loving and protecting me. To step out on His Word in faith – it doesn’t get any better than that!
7. To own it and tell the truth. When I do something or say something wrong, my first inclination is denial and blame. When that happens, a feeling of anxiety boils up in me and panic can take over my rational brain. But, if I own my behaviors, words and actions and always tell the truth, a sense of peace comes over my spirit. You never have to wonder what you said to whom when you just tell the truth.
8. To get out there and be somebody to somebody whenever I feel like a ‘nobody’ does more to bring me hope and encouragement than anyone can ever realize.
9. To forgive hard words and wrongs that have been done to me brings my soul a peace that transcends all understanding.
10. To forgive myself of hard words and wrongs that I have done to others.
11. To always try and do the right thing. Work from integrity. Stay in a good place. Speak kindness or don’t speak at all.
12. To stop pushing against what I cannot change and worrying about what I do not know.
13. To recognize when I don’t have peace with something – just say no!
14. To look for ways to use my God given gifts and passions to help other people.
15. To remind myself on a daily basis that as children of God, we are enough. Created perfectly by His grace, we were
Life’s lessons often come the hard way. It is my hope that what has worked for me will help you have your best life ever!
Here’s wishing you a journey filled with peace and love. May the Spirit of God pour over you and may you find your power and your purpose in 2013.